L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask.



L'Oreal Paris have created three new products in their skincare range, the Detox Masks, which are currently on offer in Boots for £5.00 (normally, £7.99). Being a lover of the Sanctuary Spa detox mask, I was keen to try out the Detox mask from the L'Oreal range.

The Blurb.


"For the first time, the L'Oréal Paris laboratories have selected three pure clays and combined them with charcoal, which acts like a magnet to draw out impurities. The creamy texture detoxifies the skin's surface by cleansing deep into the pores, leaving the skin looking clarified and beautified without drying it out.

A powerful blend of 3 pure clays

Koalin A highly effective natural clay, known to absorb impurities and excess sebum.

Montmorillonite Rich in minerals, a clay recognised for helping to eliminate imperfections.

Ghassoul A pure clay highly concentrated in minerals renowned to help clarify complexion. Instant and lasting, visible results. Immediately: skin is purer and clearer. 

Use for one week: skin feels fresher, and more luminous. Use after use: skin can breathe and is visibly transformed."

Thoughts.

As someone who suffers from dry skin, I was instantly drawn to L'Oreal's claims that the mask wouldn't dry out the skin. I was keen to see if the mask could live up to the claim! My skin dries & flakes at the first sign of quite a few different brands, would this be any different?




I applied a thin layer all over my face. The consistency is a little sticky, thick & very dark in colour. 

Recommended time before removing is 5-10 minutes. After 5 minutes, the mask had dried completed, my face felt really tight with it on, I was afraid to smile encase the mask cracked or shattered!

When the mask is dry, it shows up all my pores around the nose area, a pretty scary sight! 

I leave the mask on for around 7 minutes, as by then it does feel very tight. I had heard the mask was messy & difficult to get off, so was curious as to how I would find it.

Firstly, it is messy. Black water all over the sink and my hands. It took me 7 cotton wool pads dipped into warm water to remove all of the mask. Afterwards, I did finish with a little micellar water to make sure all lasting traces were definitely gone.

Dryness? Immediately after I had removed the mask with the cotton wool, my skin feel soft and smooth, and did look brighter, cleaner. I waited a few more minutes before using the micellar water to check if it was slowing drying out my skin, but this didn't appear to be the case. I waited another little while before applying some moisturiser, but again, still no dryness!

The product itself has a smell that I am ok with. It does have that recognisable clay smell, but is also kind of fruity. I don't find it unpleasant or over-powering.

I also really like the packaging - the glass jar with the metallic green lid looks quite premium, as well as pretty sitting on your cabinet shelf!

Overall, I actually really like this mask. A little messy to remove - think from now on I will apply before removing in the shower.

The mask leaves my skin feeling lovely & doesn't dry it out. My skin does look better and I noticed that a spot that was forming had been reduced and was far less noticeable the next morning.

The packaging says there is 10 applications in each tub, but I think there is more. I apply a thin layer - a little of this stuff goes along far - so I think this makes the product good value, even at its normal retail price.

Have you tried any this mask (or one of the others in the range - Glow & Purify)? I am going to grab the Glow mask next time I am in Boots. Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 



1 comment

  1. I have heard about this but haven't tried yet. This is on my shopping list :D
    xo Honey - Royal Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete