Product Love - The Hair Edition.


Like most girls, I have a real fondness for my hair. I have tried so many different products, from numerous different brands, but have finally found my holy grail products.

Shampoo & Conditioner. I have been going to an Aveda concept salon for a few years now, and love how they are able to give a really good cut, but one that is easy for me to manage & style between visits.

I had never tried the Aveda products before going to my salon, but they have always used the Smooth Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner on my hair.

I really love both products. They have a lovely, nature/floral smell that's not too over-powering. They are packed full of organic, plant ingredients which help to moisturise, smooth and soften hair while targeting frizz.

After using both products, my hair feels soft & smooth and has an incredible shine. They also leave my hair with lots of movement, which I really love. My frizz is noticeably reduced, and I find that the amount of time I used to spend drying and straightening has also gone down.

Yes, these are more expensive - £18.00 for the shampoo and £21.00 for the conditioner, a little really does go a long way. I have had these two bottles since Christmas and will be looking to buy more in a couple of weeks.

Heat Protection. I love the Lee Stafford Poker Straight Flat Iron Protection Shine Mist (£6.49). I have used this stuff continuously for quite a few years, and I have very rarely tried anything else.

I used to always spray a light mist over my hair once it was dried before straightening, but now I apply a light mist while my hair is still damp, and a little less when dry.

I find this product amazing - you don't even notice that you applied anything once your hair is styled. It leaves no residue, no crunchiness, nothing. And as for protecting from heat? I have been straightening my hair for years, and have never had issues with major damage or dryness.

My straighteners glide through me hair, and it takes no time at all to get the poker straight style that I like. Definitely one to try if you are on the lookout for a heat protection product!

Final Touch. Another product from Aveda's Light Elements range, I love the Smoothing Fluid (£23.50).

Again this one is on the pricy side, but this stuff really lasts. I only need 1 to 2 pumps to get the benefits for my hair.

My hairdresser introduced me to this, and I'm so glad she did. The Smoothing Fluid is a clear liquid which helps to smooth and add shine & movement.

I quick rub 1 to 2 pumps between my palms and quickly apply it through the lengths of my hair. It doesn't leave any residue or stickiness, and gives my hair a love shine. I also find that the following morning my hair has held its shape better - I don't find this when I haven't used the Smoothing Fluid.

Have you any holy grail products? Leave me a comment below.


5 comments

  1. I've started to get into more expensive hair care, the smooth infusion range sounds perfect for frizzy hair like mine.

    I'm currently using OGX Kukui oil which has helped a lot with frizz and volume.
    My ultimate go to hair care products has got to be Aussies, 3 min miracle saved my hair so many times after dye damage!

    Chloe | www.cinnamontan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe! Thank you for both your comments. I haven't used Aussie 3 Minute Miracle in a long time. Must give it ago again some time!

      Jemma

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. Always good to hear what other people are using. I don't really bother with my hair that much really! I'm lucky that it's short so doesn't really need so much styling! I just love colouring it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, this is one of those posts where I want to buy all of the products you've mentioned but I'm on a spending ban, or should I say was! I want soft, smooth, shiny hair with reduced fizz too!! I'm just going to have to buy them. xx

    Charlotte | Just Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry Charlotte!

      But let me know if you buy anything! x

      Jemma

      Delete