Hello Spring. Goodbye Winter.



It's hard to believe we are now leaving another Winter behind us, as the beauty of Spring begins to unfold. It is still cold & drizzly outside, but the days are getting brighter and the Winter blues are starting to lift.

New Flowers. My daffodils have already bloomed, and a few of my perennials are also starting to peek out through the soil. At Mount Stewart House & Gardens, one of my favourite National Trust properties, the snowdrops are starting to blossom as well. I love seeing snowdrops & bluebells come out. I cannot wait until the weather turns & becomes brighter and warmer, so I can go out into the garden and give it a good old tidy.

Brighter Days & Sunshine. I am already beginning to notice the mornings & evenings getting and staying brighter during my commute to work, I love being able to drive home from work with the sun shining. Especially on Friday's, as you still have plenty of time for a bit of R&R in the sunshine, in the back garden. I can feel the happy, sunshine mood beginning to break through!

Songbirds. Our resident paid of Blackbirds are already in full singing voice, and we are seeing them daily in the back garden. We have also, in the last few days, began to notice pairs of Great Tits and Blue Tits feeding on the feeder and perched in the trees, and a Robin has also begun to visit.

Adventures. The return of the brighter, warmer days also brings with it day trips & outdoor adventures. I love exploring National Trust properties, costal paths, and further afield, and there are a few new places I have on my Must Explore list. I am hoping to start ticking of my Must Explore places, getting some photos & sharing these places.

Hot Chocolates. The boyfriend & I like to think we are hot chocolate connoisseurs! At Christmas, a lot of our "joint presents" are hot chocolate related. We love visiting some of our favourite, local coffee shops for our hot chocolate fixes, a local favourite is Bob & Bert's for a large cup of Bert's Hot Chocolate, which has a shot of caramel through it! Yum.

Cosy Blankets & Open Fires. There is nothing I like more than getting curled up on the sofa at the end of a Winter's day, hot chocolate in hand, in a pair of my favourite, most comfy PJ's, wrapped in my favourite blanket - think huge, super soft & seriously cuddly - in front of an open fire. Curtains closed, rubbish TV or a good movie, Winter winds howling outside. Bliss.

Windswept Seas. I love a stroll on a (slightly milder) Winter's Day along the coastal path. I love the sound of running water, but I particularly love the sound of the crashing waves below. While I am also looking forward to strolling along the coast in the sunshine, there is something quite special about the peace & quiet of the path, with fewer folk about, and the sound of Winter crashing against the shore beyond.

What are you looking forward to & going to miss? Leave me a comment below.



6 comments

  1. I love daffodils, too! I'm mostly excited because spring means we're closer to summer... and as a true California girl, there's nothing better than feeling the beach breeze on a hot day. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO ready for Spring!!!! Love your thoughts here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to chat to you for the #fblchat today!

    I think I'll miss shutting out the cold when I get home from work, closing the curtains and feeling cosy in my room. Other than that, though, I can't wait for spring - and then summer! I'm definitely a summer child at heart.

    Lisa | http://farawaylisamae.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for spring..cultivating new ideas and business relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am intrigued by your plans for new ideas & business relationships, Unknown!

      Delete