Photo Diary - North Antrim Coast.


It was my birthday during the week, and the boyfriend & I decided to take a few days off work to celebrate quietly. I have mentioned it before, but the North Antrim Coast - think Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and all round scenery bliss - is one of our favourite places, so we decided to take a quick day trip!


Our first stop was the small town of Ballycastle to visit the Ursa Minor Bakehouse, located inside Ballycastle Garden Centre.

This was our first visit to Ursa Minor, I have been stalking them on FaceBook & Instagram over their pictures of their delicious baked goods, and I was very excited to try some of their treats!

We bought one of their gorgeous sourdough loaves called a San Francisco. We were told it had a slightly tangy taste, and we can agree! The bread was delicious! As for baked treats, the boyfriend chose the almond eclair, and I went for a friand, which was topped with rhubarb grown by candle light(!) in Yorkshire. Both were delicious!

Our next stop was to the world famous, Giant's Causeway. We both love it here, especially off season. We love to climb onto the causeway and take a seat and watch the waves crash around us. The previous time we visited, we even spotted a seal in the bay!

I have only recently noticed the large numbers of coins that past visitors have slotted into the gaps between the stones. It fascinated me as to how such a tradition as been started, spotted & joined in by others, and the changing conditions of the stones from being exposed to the sun, sea & wind.

All that climbing and walking worked up an appetite, so we head to the seaside town of Portstewart. First stop was Morelli's for some dinner (if you are looking for some serious ice-cream sundaes, this is the place for you!) and then to Bob & Bert's, a favourite of ours, form some hot chocolate and a sweet treat.







Have you got a favourite or special place to visit? I would love to hear where! Leave me a comment below to let me know!

And why not follow me on Instagram to see more of my photos from my adventures.


12 comments

  1. Ahh, it looks so so pretty there - I'd love to visit. Your sweet treats you have pictures look amazing too.

    Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh yes, they were pretty delicious!

      Delete
  2. New to your blog but you followed me on Twitter so here I am!
    I visited Giant's Causeway for the first time a few weeks ago whilst surprising a friend from Belfast for her 21st. It was so wild and gorgeous, and I accidentally ripped my jeans in the crotch area whilst climbing on the rocks... *awkward* haha! We also checked out a few Game of Thrones locations in the area, but didn't have too much time there. I love Northern Ireland and hope I get to go back soon! :)
    Hannah - tolleybakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm new to your blog (I've come over from Twitter and the Girl Gang) but just thought I'd tell you it's lovely! I visited Giant's Causeway a few weeks ago for the first time. A few of us went to surprise a friend from Belfast for her 21st, and we spent the afternoon there. It was so wild, but gorgeous, and I kinda ripped a hole in the crotch area of my jeans whilst climbing on the rocks, which was a bit awkward to say the least!
    Hannah - tolleybakes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Glad you had a great time, even if you did rip your jeans! *eek*

      Jemma

      Delete
  4. One day I will make it to Ireland! That bakery, Ursa Minor, looks amazing! I also love how its named after a constellation ^_^
    I love the myths of giants! In cornwall we have St.Michaels mount. As children, we were always told that the bones of giants lay beneath the castle :P I miss living in that childish world where the myths were real! v.v

    Sarah xxo | thesaltyseablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!

      Ursa Minor is amazing! All their products are freshly made each day, and I am looking for to trying their doughnuts, which always look delicious when a picture of them pop-up on Instagram.

      I love the myth too. You must come, especially to The Giant's Causeway. The myths are still believed by many!

      Jemma

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures I love photo diaries on blogs. The cakes look absolutely amazing I must say. This certainly looks like a place I would like to visit in the future.

    Kirsty x
    http://cosmeticsbeautyrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing and such beautiful photos :) x
    Sharon from rosieloveslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely way to spend your birthday 😊 I've never been to Ireland, but would love to visit. The scenery looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! these look amazing!
    great way to spend your b-day - with your bf at this amazing place :)
    a little late but happy birthday :)

    xo Honey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for all your comments! x

    ReplyDelete