5 Things I Love.



As bit more of an introduction, I thought I would share 5 things that I love - and all on Valentine's Day too! Happy Valentine's Day!



1. Photography

I am by no means a professional, but I am pretty snap-happy with, mostly, my Samsung Galaxy smartphone, which has a pretty decent camera. I also have a Sony Cybershot, which gets less of an outing to be honest, but is still a really good, compact digital camera.

2. My National Trust Membership

My love for candid photography leads me on nicely to this particular love. I have been a member of the National Trust since I was a little girl, and I love it!

I have a real passion for history as well as the outdoors and nature, and the National Trust gives access to the nest of both worlds. I would love to some day volunteer, so I can get more of a background look at the National Trust's work.

I, luckily, live close to one of my favourite properties in the National Trust portfolio, Mount Stewart House & Gardens, which is a neo-classical house and fabulous gardens, sitting beside Strangford Lough.

Mount Stewart is one of my favourite places to visit for a walk around the gardens & lake on a lazy Sunday afternoon, and I especially love grabbing some photos while I'm there. Recently, the Robins have been particularly friendly, and have been featuring heavily in my latest photos.



3. Reading

I am a bit of a book worm, and this year I have made it part of my New Year's Resolution to read more. I am currently reading the Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes - I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan! And after that, I plan on reading all of Agatha Christie's books in print order.

Other authors I love are J.K. Rowling, Cecilia Ahern and Kate Morton.

4. Social Media

With starting to blog, I am increasing the number of Social Media platforms I use.

I used Instagram before blogging, which I love, I love discovering new people & small business through it.

Twitter is new to me, and I am still trying to figure it all out, but so far I am really enjoying it. But I love the fact there is a thriving blogging community there, and I can discover new bloggers all the time. Same goes with BlogLovin'.

I absolutely love Pinterest! I have quite a few boards and I love the creativity that can appear in my feed. My particular favourite categories are spare room ideas and office ideas. I also love finding phone wallpapers on it!

Social Media has helped me to discover some fantastic small businesses, bloggers & vloggers. Some are old favourites and others are new discoveries. Why not check some of them out? You might find a new favourite too!

Estee Lalonde - YouTube extraordinaire! Regular videos on Estee's day to day life, beauty and lifestyle reviews. 

The Tim Tracker - husband & wife duo, Tim and Jenn are based in Florida, whose regular videos are a must for anyone wishing or planning on a trip to Orlando (especially the theme parks).

A Girl, Obsessed - a recent discovery for me, I am currently loving Mandy's blogging tips posts.

By the way, I have linked to all my Social Media accounts above, so do pop over and say hello.

5. Travel & Adventures

Who doesn't love to travel, right? The boyfriend and I love quick breaks, long haul holidays - pretty much any kind of adventure.

We love Orlando (we are both real thrill seekers!), and are getting back again for 3 weeks in September. But we also love trips up to the North Coast of Antrim, particularly The Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, and Portstewart for a ice-cream sundae in Morelli's!

This is one of my favourite photos that I have taken on one of our North Coast adventures, Ballintoy Harbour.



What are your 5 things that your currently loving? Leave a comment below and let me know.



8 comments

  1. I adore reading as well! I love to be lost in a great book

    lovely post,
    Daizy from| www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must feel really good being part of the National Trust and the things you have access to :) sometimes it's just the smaller things in life we enjoy :)

    Angie xx
    Silk and Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! My parents signed up before I was born, so I have pretty much been a member my whole life.

      When I became too old (eek!) to be part of my parents' family membership, I instantly signed up for my own individual membership. Now, I have a couples membership for the boyfriend & I.

      The places & properties they look after are amazing!

      Delete
  3. Just come across your blog and it's lovely! :D I adore visiting old houses and gardens with the National Trust, I can't believe I'm not a member right now xD I really ought to renew my membership. I love reading and Pinterest too, nice to meet you! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the capture of the robin :) I really must become a member of the NT! Mount Stewart is a beautiful spot. And the North Coast - it's one of my favourites too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that shot. It was taken about 2 weeks ago and no zoom required! The robins have been particularly friendly in Mount Stewart lately.

      Delete